I was thrilled at how the Christmas Play turned out this year. For me it was a sort of culmination (I really just wanted to use that word) of a great year with the children of our Sunday School. Thanks to the cast (kids and adults) who acted and for Dylan doing the sound and data. It was a great little production. The main message asking two things:
- What gift do you bring to Jesus this year?
- Could your offer your whole life as a gift to Jesus?
This past Sunday night St Peters met at the Duck Pond for the once a month family focused ‘messy church’ – evening service. We met at 5pm and all who attended had a great time expressing and connecting with God in a different sort of way…
Here are some picture memories:
Rowan forgot to have his afternoon nap…
The Praise Posters we made.
(Each family / group had to gather things of creation that would be an “expression” of worship to God.)
Answering some questions: “What are the sounds that you currently hear around you?” & “What are the colours you can see?”
(We are appreciative of the things we can hear and see.)
We had a great evening service last night. I love the family and community vibe of our church:
We made clocks as an expression of worship. (Because worship is far more than a song)
- The idea behind the clock is to show. God is with us through all the “times” we face.
- From the “dark night of the soul” to the “desert period of our faith” to our mountain tops and spring times. Through good and bad, thick and thin… God is with us all.
- Ecclesiastes 3: “For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven.”
- Hebrews 13: 5 “Never will I leave you and never will I forsake you.”
- Amen, to that truth! 🙂